- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pan-seared-pork-loin-with-derry-apple-relish
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Pan-Seared Loin of Pork with Derry Apple Relish. This recipe is all in the presentation. You’ll wow your family and friends.
- 2-pound boneless loin of pork trimmed of excess fat and sinew
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped sage
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- 1. Slice pork into 8 equal pieces.
- 2. In a heavy-bottomed skillet, over the medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery; sweat, without coloring, 2 minutes. Transfer to 2-quart casserole.
- 3. Dust pork pieces with seasoned flour.
- 4. In a skillet, over high heat, sear pork pieces on the oil. Remove.
- 5. Arrange apples on top of onion in the casserole. Add the pork, mixed with the remaining ingredients.
- 6. Bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer, 1 hour.
- Transfer the pork, apple, and onions to a serving platter. Reduce the cooking liquid by half. Strain and pour over the pork. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.