- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pan-fried-salmon-with-sorrel-apple-and-scallion-relish
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 4 (4-6 ounces) salmon filets, boneless and skinless
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- juice of 1 whole lemon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, diced small
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 small bunch sorhref, shredded (about 8 leaves)
- 1 lemon, sliced for garnish
- 1. Dry salmon on paper towels and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- 2. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 12 tablespoons butter to a large skillet and heat over medium/high heat. Place the salmon filets (presentation side down) on the hot skillet. Fry until golden brown, turning at least twice.
- 3. In a separate saucepan, gently cook over medium heat in the remaining butter the diced apples, scallions (spring onions), about 2 minutes. Divide among 4 plates.
- 4. Place the cooked salmon filets on top.
- Sprinkle shredded sorhref and chopped parsley over the salmon. Garnish with sliced or quartered lemon wedges.