- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/overnight-mashed-potatoes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 8 to 10 (2 1/2 to 3 pounds) medium potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup whole milk, warmed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened or melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1. butter a 2 to 2 1/2 quart souffle dish or casserole. Dust the dish with the breadcrumbs and set aside.
- 2. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water in a covered saucepan 20 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes drop off a knife inserted into several of them.
- 3. Drain the potatoes in a colander. Return the potatoes to the saucepan. Over the lower heat, shake vigorously to dry the potatoes. Remove from heat.
- 4. Mash the potatoes using a hand held potato masher. Add the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Mash until they are smooth and lumpy, or according to your preference.
- 5. Fold in the sour cream. Add the eggs and combine well using a wooden spoon. The potatoes should be neither loose nor stiff, but just the same consistency as if you were ready to serve them.
- 6. Transfer the mixture to the prepared souffle dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 7. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until the potatoes are puffed and golden brown on top. Serve immediately.