- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/overnight-blueberry-french-toast
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 large sliced French bread loaf
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the bread slices in one layer in the baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, nutmeg, vanilla, and 3/4 cup of the brown sugar. Pour mixture evenly over the bread. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter or margarine and the remaining 1/4 brown sugar, stirring well. Top the egg mixture with the pecans and blueberries, and then drizzle with the melted butter and sugar mixture. bake for 45 minutes until set and golden brown on top.