- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/orange-meringue-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 package (3 ounces) ) orange gelatin
- 4-6 ounces of chocolate chips and/or chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 475Â°. Cover 2 baking sheets with foil.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar. Mix the orange gelatin and sugar together, then add the mixture to the egg whites gradually, a tablespoon at a time, while beating. Beat to stiff peaks. Carefully fold in the chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Place the baking sheets into the hot oven quickly, then close the oven door, and turn the oven off. Leave the cookies in the oven overnight (8 hours). Store in an airtight container.