- Recipe created by FabFood on Aug 28, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/orange-crescent-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- Using an electric mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter, egg, zest,and orange juice until smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottoms of bowl. Beat in confectioner's sugar, flour, and salt until blended. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Form 1 rounded teaspoon of dough into a 3-inch log, then bend into a crescent. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9 or 10 minutes or until the edges are beginning to turn a light golden in color and tops are beginning to crack ever so slightly.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from cookie sheets to wire racks to cool completely.
- For the glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioner's sugar and orange juice until smooth.
- Place wire racks with cookies atop sheets of waxed paper (for easier clean up!). Drizzle glaze atop cookies.