- Recipe created by FabFood on Sep 9, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/old-fashioned-stuffed-mushrooms
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 16 medium white mushrooms (about 14 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon butter, margarine, or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs (plain or flavored)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Makes 16 Mushrooms, Serves 3 to 4
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- 2. Wipe Mushrooms clean with a damp cloth and separate the caps from stems. Set the caps aside and chop the stems.
- 3. In a medium skillet, melt the butter or margarine (or heat the oil) over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chopped mushroom stems; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. If Mushrooms give off liquid, cook until it evaporates. Remove from heat. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- 4. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling into each of the mushroom caps, place into a 9 X 13 inch baking pan. Bake 12 minutes or until heated through.
- Variation: Herb Stuffed Mushrooms Use seasoned bread crumbs plus 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil and 1/8 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme.