- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/nopalitos-cactus-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Cactus Salad -- Nopalitos. This Latin style cactus salad makes great picnic or brown bag lunch fare for a change of pace.
- 1 jar (15 ounces) nopalitos (prickly pear cactus, see note above)
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper (green, yellow or red), diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1-2 serrano or jalepeño chiles (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Mexican queso cheese or feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all salad ingredients together. Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad, toss well to coat. This salad can be made a few hours ahead of time and refrigerated until needed.