- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp. One of the four best dishes in all of New Orleans cooking, this dish was created in the mid-1950s at Pascal's Manale Restaurant.
- 3 pounds fresh Gulf shrimp with heads on, 16-20 count to the pound
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 newly-purchased 4-ounce can black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 loaf French bread
- When all the butter is incorporated, serve the shrimp with lots of the sauce in bowls. Serve with hot French bread for dipping. Also plenty of napkins and perhaps bibs.