- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Neapolitan Crostini. Entertain your family and friends with T.V.’s Sopranos inspired recipe.
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 thin slices of Italian bread, preferably semolina bread
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 12 anchovy fillets
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the tomatoes in half through the core and squeeze gently to extract the seeds and juice. Trim away the core. Chop the tomatoes into half inch pieces and toss them in a bowl with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Oil a large roasting pan. Arrange the bread slices on the pan. Toast the bread 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, but leave it turned on.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on top of each piece of bread and then an anchovy. Spoon a little of the tomato on each. Drizzle with a few drops extra virgin olive oil. Return the pan to the oven and bake 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.