- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/muffuletta-olive-salad-or-spread
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Muffuletta Olive Salad or Spread. Although technically a salad, this recipe is usually served as a spread, as a basis for New Orleans' Muffuletta Sandwich.
- 1/2 cup black brine cured olives, such as kalamatas
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 cup finely chopped celery, with leaves
- 1 cup Giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3-4 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pit olives (if necessary) and combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until mixed, but still somewhat chunky -- do not puree (see photo). For the best flavor, cover and refrigerate for a few hours before using.