- Recipe created by FabFood on May 10, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/mollie-katzen-s-eggplant-green-beans-and-pumpkin-in-curry-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Mollie Katzen's Eggplant, Green Beans, Pumpkin, and Basil in Coconut-Tomato Curry.
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 can (14-ounces) light coconut milk (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce ("nam pla") or 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 can (15-ounces) diced tomatoes (about 1 3/4 cups tomatoes-plus-liquid)
- 1 small (5- to 6-ounce) Japanese or Chinese eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick half-rounds
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) diced kabocha or butternut squash, steamed or blanched until almost tender
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 20 to 25 fresh basil leaves (Thai basil, if available)
- 1. Measure the curry paste and ginger into a large saucepan, then add the coconut milk and broth, and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the fish or soy sauce and brown sugar, if desired.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, eggplant, squash, and green beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the basil leaves (whole or torn in half) and serve hot, over rice.