- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Mia's Veggie Omelet. This low fat egg white omelet is packed with healthy veggies and low in cholesterol.
- 1/4 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup jarred sweet red peppers (found in the condiment section of most supermarkets)
- 1/2 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
- 6 egg whites
- 1 ounce soy cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste, optional
- Cut tough stems off asparagus. Chop the tender portions of the spears into small pieces. Microwave in microwave-safe bowl with water until soft, about 2 minutes. Heat oil in frying pan. Add vegetables and sauté over medium-high heat until cooked (onion is transparent). Whisk egg whites together until a froth forms. Add in egg whites and fry until omelet has reached desired consistency. Top with shredded cheese, cover, and continue heating until cheese has just melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired and serve warm.