- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 5, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/meyer-lemon-mini-spice-cakes-with-meyer-lemon-sherbet
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Meyer Lemon Mini Spice Cakes with Meyer Lemon Sherbet. This exquisite dessert recipe is from Chef Randy Evans of Breannas of Houston restaurant.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest
- Meyer Lemon Sherbet:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups Meyer lemon juice
- Candied Citrus Zest:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh julienned Meyer lemon zest
- For the Sherbet: In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cool slightly, then whisk in the sour cream and lemon juice. Refrigerate until chilled. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- For the Cakes: In a large bowl, stir by hand the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda. Add oil, eggs, vanilla seeds, lemon extract and zest; slowly stir until batter is smooth. Pour 2 2/3 ounces (#12 scoop) into well greased jumbo (4 inch) muffin cups.& Bake at 375 F for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For the Candied zest: In a small saucepan over high heat, bring water, 1/4 cup sugar and zest to a boil. boil for 7 minutes, stirring often so the zest doesn't burn. Place remaining sugar in a pie pan. Using a fork, place zest into sugar, turn to coat. Place on a paper lined tray to dry.
- To Plate: Place mini cakes in the center of each plate; top with a scoop of sherbet and a crown of candied zest.