- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/mediterranean-steak-sandwiches
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Mediterranean Steak Sandwiches. This is the kind of recipe that turns a sandwich into something special.
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, 1\" thick
- 4 pita breads, warmed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tomato Relish:
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Combine seasoning ingredients. Press evenly into both sides of steak. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3\" to 4\" from heat. Broil 16 to 21 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning once. (You could also grill the meat.)
- Meanwhile, combine relish ingredients and set aside.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt. Arrange equal amount of meat on top of each pita; top with relish and cheese.