- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 29, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/mark-bittman-s-cold-noodles-with-sesame-or-peanut-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 12 ounces fresh egg noodles, or any dried noodles, such as spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sesame paste (tahini) or natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice or wine vinegar
- hot sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, Tabasco, or other hot sauce to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- at least 1/2 cup minced scallions for garnish
- 1. Cook noodles in boiling salted water until tender, but not mushy. Drain, then rinse in cold water for a minute or two. Toss with half the sesame oil.
- 2. Beat together the tahini or peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar. Add a little hot sauce and salt and pepper; taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Thin the sauce with hot water, so that it is about the consistency of heavy cream.
- 3. Toss together the noodles and the sauce, and add more of any seasoning if necessary. Drizzle with the remaining sesame oil, garnish, and serve.