- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/marcelle-bienvenu-s-shrimp-or-crawfish-etouffe
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Marcelle Bienvenu's Crawfish Etouffee. One of the world's foremost authorities on Cajun cooking, Marcelle's Etouffee is outstanding! She shows us how to make it here.
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 pounds peeled crawfish tails
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- salt and cayenne to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- cooked long-grain rice
- 1. and 2. Heat the butter over medium heat in a large, heavy pot. Add the onions, bell peppers, and celery, and cook, stirring, until soft and lightly golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 3. Add the crawfish and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to throw off a little liquid, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Stir in the cornstarch mixture, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and cayenne.
- 5. Remove from the heat. Add the green onions and parsley. Serve in bowls over rice.
- 1. 2. 3. 4.