- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/maple-banana-hot-cereal
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Maple Banana Hot Cereal. This easy to make cereal recipe dresses up farina or Cream of Wheat or oatmeal with healthy bananas, cinnamon and a touch of sweetness from maple syrup.
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons farina (Cream of Wheat)
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 banana (cut lengthwise, then sliced into tiny pieces)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon to taste
- Bring milk to a boil and add farina or oatmeal (pour in slowly while stirring constantly). Reduce heat to medium and add banana and maple syrup. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, mashing banana while you stir. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, pour into serving dishes and sprinkle with cinnamon.