- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/low-fat-frosted-sugar-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 10 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup confectioner\'s sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground cinnamon, as garnish
- Sugar Frosting:
- 2 cups confectioner\'s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon or vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Beat margarine, sour cream, egg, and lemon extract in medium bowl until smooth; mix in sugar. Mix in combined flour, baking powder, and salt. Refrigerate dough 4 to 6 hours.
- Roll dough on floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut cookies into decorative shapes with 2-inch cookie cutters. Bake on greased or sprayed cookie sheets until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Make frosting by mixing confectioner\'s sugar, lemon or vanilla extract, and enough milk to make spreadable consistency.
- Frost cooled cookies with frosting; sprinkle very lightly with cinnamon.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Starch
Rolled, Shaped, Vegetarian, Picnics, Gifts, Brown Bagging, Make Ahead, Kid Friendly, Low Fat, Eating Light, New Year's, Valentines Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July, Christmas, Diabetic