- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/low-carb-sugar-free-apple-walnut-caramel-cake
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Low Carb, Sugar Free Apple Walnut Caramel Cake. Dessert is back for those Low-Carbers.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup butter - softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Sugarfree Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Splenda® Granules, Maltitol or Diabetisweet
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Brown Maltitol or Brown Diabetisweet
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Combine wet ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Mix dry ingredients together and then fold in wet ingredients. fold in apples and walnuts. Pour evenly into baking pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then invert on a serving plate.
- While cake is cooling, make caramel topping by combining brown sweetener and heavy cream in a small sauce pan. Cook, stirring constantly until it comes to 240°F (soft ball). Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. When topping is cooled down, drizzle over cake. Garnish with chopped walnuts.
- Total Net Carbs: 74 Per Serving: 4.63