- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/low-carb-grand-marnier-mousse
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Easy Low Carb Grand Marnier Mousse. This is a take-off on the original Grand Marnier mousse, but this version is easy and has significantly fewer carbs.
- 3 ounces sugar-free white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier liqueur
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup Splenda® sweetener
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Put the white chocolate, Grand Marnier, and water into a small pan over low heat and cook, stirring often, until the white chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat and slowly beat in 5 egg yolks until they are completely blended. Return to the very low heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and set aside for later use.
- Put the two egg whites into a blender and beat until they are foamy; add 1/2 of the Splenda® and blend until mixed in. Add the whipping cream to the blender with the remaining sweetener and blend until the cream whips up. Slowly add the egg/chocolate mixture to the blender, a little at a time, until all is mixed well. Pour into individual ramekins and sprinkle with a little orange zest. Refrigerate until the mousse become firm. Serve chilled.
- Total carbs per serving: 11.4 g
- Net carbs per serving: 2.3 g
- Calories per serving: 272