- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/low-carb-blonde-brownie-star-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Sugar Free Low Carb Blonde Brownie Stars. These brownies make a great gift for anyone who is counting their carbs.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 1/2 cup Maltitol®
- 1/4 tsp Stevia®
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter melted
- 1/2 cup Maltitol® powdered
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- Mix all ingredients together to a stiff dough. Roll into a ball and chill for 15 minutes.
- Cut dough into 12 equal balls. Press each ball into the star molds that have been prepared with spray oil. Bake for 12 -14 minutes. Do not over Bake. They should not brown except on the edges. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to waxed paper. Cool completely.
- Blend Maltitol in the hot cocoa butter. Allow to cool slightly at least until the mixture starts to thicken. Frost each star and sprinkle with almond slivers. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Total carbs: 27.5 Per serving: less than 2.3