- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/lemon-ricotta-pancakes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. These pancakes are sophisticated, yet accessible. It's hard to find a more perfect start to a special breakfast or brunch. Serve with jam or maple syrup.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon, minced
- Lightly oil a large griddle or skillet (preferably non-stick). Heat skillet over medium heat. You can tell if your skillet or griddle is hot enough by flicking a drop or two of water on its surface. The water should skitter around and quickly evaporate if the pan is hot enough.
- Spoon batter into hot oiled skillet, allowing about 1/4 cup per pancake. Cook pancakes for about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Turn when bubbles form and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Serve immediately or keep warm on a baking sheet in a 200° F oven until all pancakes are cooked. Dust with confectioner's sugar if desired.