- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/lemon-meringue-waffles
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Lemon Meringue Waffles. This recipe combines the classic flavor and texture of a lemon meringue pie to make a waffle dessert.
- 1/2 quantity basic waffle batter , sweetened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons Greek, or whole-milk, yogurt
- 6 tablespoons lemon curd
- 6 small meringue cookies, lightly crushed
- mint leaves, to decorate
- Prepare the half quantity of waffle batter, adding the lemon rind to the batter. Cook the waffles and keep warm until you are ready to serve.
- To serve, gently swirl the yogurt and lemon curd together and spoon on top of the waffles. Sprinkle with crushed meringue and decorate with mint leaves.