- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Leftover Turkey Curry. Here's an easy and delicious way to use up leftover chicken or turkey and cranberry sauce. Keep it handy after Thanksgiving.
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 cups cooked turkey or chicken, diced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups cooked rice, hot
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken or turkey stock
- Melt butter in a large skillet and cook raisins over medium-high heat, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer raisins to a bowl. Set aside.
- Add onion to the hot skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in curry powder. Combine cornstarch and stock. Add to onion mixture and cook, stirring constantly,about 2 minutes. Add turkey and yogurt and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Stir in peas and cook until just heated. Serve over hot rice.