- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/karen-barnaby-s-low-carb-brownies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Karen Barnaby's Sugar-free, Low Carb Brownies. These brownies are decadently dense, rich, and moist.
- 10 ounces (285 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 16 tablespoons (240 ml) unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 4 ounces (112 g) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) each Splenda® and Canadian Sugar Twin or 1 cup (240 ml) Splenda®
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) instant coffee granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) pure chocolate extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) almond meal (finely ground almonds)
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoons (1.2 ml) sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5 ml) baking powder
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and Butter until smooth. beat in the chocolate and sweetener. beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, scraping the bowl well after each addition. Add the coffee and extracts. beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond meal, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Add to the chocolate mixture and beat well. Scrape into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is firm. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Per Brownie: Effective carbohydrates: 1.5 g; Carbohydrates: 2.1 g; Fiber: 0.6 g; Protein: 2.1 g; Fat: 9.7 g; Calories: 99; Made with Splenda® only: Add 0.3 g carbohydrates.