- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/jorj-morgans-tomato-and-sauteed-vegetable-pasta-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped, about 2 cups
- 1 large zucchini, chopped, about 2 cups
- 2 large squash, chopped, about 2 cups
- 1 small eggplant, chopped, about 3 cups
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced, about 3 cups
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2. Cook the onions in the pot for several minutes.
- 3. Add the zucchini and squash and cook until the vegetables begin to soften.
- 4. Add the eggplant and cook just until it begins to soften.
- 5. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes more.
- 6. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste basil, oregano and sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 1. Heat the olive oil