- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/jerusalem-bean-or-black-eyed-pea-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Jerusalem Bean or Black Eyed Pea Salad. This recipe is a favorite at Jamaica's Superclubs all inclusive resorts.
- 3 cups uncooked black eyed peas
- 8 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 habenero pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Boil black eyed peas until tender. Drain and mix with remaining ingredients. Chill until cold and serve.