- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for cooking making Icky Gross Jello Worms for Halloween. This is a cool idea for making your own gummy worms. Plan to make these at least a day ahead of time.
- You\'ll Need:
- 100 flexible plastic straws
- an empty, cleaned 1-quart milk or orange juice carton to hold straws (or another tall container)
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry or grape flavor gelatin
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 12 to 15 drops green food coloring
- waxed paper
- Combine gelatins in a bowl and add boiling water; stir until gelatins completely dissolve. Chill until lukewarm, about 20 min.
- Meanwhile, gently pull straws to extend to full length; place in tall container.
- Blend cream and food coloring with the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Carefully pour into container, filling straws.
- Chill until gelatin is firm, at least 8 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days. Pull straws from container or, if you\'re using a carton, simply tear the carton away from the filled straws. Pull straws apart. Run hot tap water for about 2 seconds over 3 to 4 straws at a time. Starting at the empty ends, push worms from straws with rolling pin, or use your fingers.
Lay worms on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. Worms will hold at room temperature for about 2 hours.