- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/jamie-oliver-s-spaghetti-alla-trapanese
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Jamie Oliver's Spaghetti alla Trapanese. This could be your next favorite pasta! It's the Trapanese way of making a kind of pesto sauce, and it's great with spaghetti.
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 1/2 ounces almonds, skins on or off
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 large handfuls fresh basil, leaves picked
- 5 1/2 ounces freshly grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, halved
- Warm the almonds a little in a dry pan, then smash them up in a pestle and mortar or whiz them in a food processor until you have a coarse powder consistency. Put them into a bowl. Bash the garlic and the basil separately in the mortar and mix with the almonds, adding the pecorino or Parmesan, a good glug of olive oil, and some salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and really scrunch them with your hands into the almond mixture until they have completely broken up. Loosen with a little extra olive oil and toss with your hot drained pasta. Check the seasoning, divide onto 4 plates, and spoon any sauce that remains in the pan over the top.