- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/jalapeno-tequila-cranberry-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Jalapeno Tequila Cranberry Sauce. Tart cranberries and sweet orange pair beautifully with a little bit of jalapeno heat in this unique southwestern cranberry sauce recipe.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- zest of 1 orange, finely grated
- juice of 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced
- Add enough water to the orange juice to make one cup of liquid.
- Makes about 1 1/2 Cups Combine cranberries, orange zest, juice and water, tequila, and sugar in a large pot. Bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally. When the cranberries begin to pop, add the chopped jalapeños and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. If the sauce seems a little thick, add a bit more water. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and chill.