- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 29, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/italian-wedding-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
These little cookies are a great idea to go on your next cookie tray. They are similar to the Mexican wedding cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar, plus 1/3 cup, for rolling
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground blanched almonds
- 5 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter in a bowl.
- Gradually add confectioners sugar and salt.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add almonds and vanilla.
- Blend in flour gradually and mix well.
- Shape into crescents using about 1 teaspoon for each cookie.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- DO NOT BROWN.
- Cool slightly, then roll in the extra confectioners' sugar.