- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/honey-almond-chicken-or-turkey-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for cooking Honey Almond Chicken or Turkey Salad. This recipe provides a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken or turkey.
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 3/4 cup low-sodium, light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For Garnish
- halved seedless grapes
- pineapple chunks
- lettuce leaves
- Combine slivered almonds with celery, chicken and pimiento. Blend mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice and salt and toss with chicken mixture. Arrange in salad bowl and garnish with watercress and halved, seeded grapes or pineapple chunks, if desired. Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat/Protein; 2 Fat