- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holly-clegg-s-italian-pizza-rolls
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Holly Clegg's Freezer Friendly Italian Pizza Rolls. These tasty meat sensations will quickly disappear as soon as you pull them from the oven.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 9 egg roll wrappers
- In a non-stick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the carrots, onion, green pepper, and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat until tender. Add the sirloin, cooking until browned. Remove from heat and stir in tomato sauce, oregano, basil, and mozzarella cheese. Place about 2 tablespoons in the middle of each egg roll wrapper. Fold the lower bottom third up, Fold the 2 sides toward the center, and then roll up.
- To Prepare and Eat Now: Preheat oven to 425°F. Place pizza rolls on a nonstick baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 9 minutes, turn the rolls over and continue baking for another 4 to 6 minutes or until crispy and browned. Cut each roll in half and serve.
- To Freeze: Do not Bake prepared rolls and freeze on baking sheet, then transfer to freezer zip top bags, label, and freeze.
- To Prepare After Freezing: Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove rolls directly from the freezer and place on a nonstick baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, turn the rolls over and continue baking for another 5 to 6 minutes or until crispy and browned. Cut each roll in half and serve.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 very lean meat, 0.5 starch.
- Makes 18 to 20 Half Rolls