- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holly-clegg-s-berry-trifle
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Holly Clegg's Berry Trifle. Layers of cake, custard, and berries in a magnificent presentation is hard to beat!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 reduced fat frozen pound cake (10 3/4 ounces), thawed
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1 quart raspberries, strawberries, sliced or blueberries
- 1 container (8 ounces) fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Cut pound cake into 1 inch slices. Arrange half of the slices on bottom of trifle bowl or deep glass bowl. Spread with raspberry jam and drizzle with orange liqueur. Layer with half the berries, half the custard and half the whipped topping. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients beginning with the pound cake and ending with the whipped topping. Top with toasted almonds.
- Per Serving: Calories 181 Protein (g) 3 Carbohydrate (g) 36 Fat (g) 2 Calories from fat (%) 8 Saturated Fat (g) 0 Dietary Fiber (g) 2 Cholesterol (mg) 27 Sodium (mg) 98
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat