- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/holiday-meal-leftovers-pasties
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe to make Pasties -- Savory Pies from Holiday Meal Leftovers. Put those holiday turkey leftovers to tasty use with this handy recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 -1 pound ground beef, or cooked diced turkey or chicken
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- use leftover pie crust dough or click here for recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a saucepan, simmer the carrots in the water, butter, and chicken bouillon cubes. Add potatoes, onion, meat and salt and pepper. Divide into fourths. Mix dough ingredients and roll into four 10-inch circles. Put the meat mixture on one side of the dough. Fold the other half of the dough over and seal with fingers or a fork. Bake for 1 hour.