- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/hobee-s-restaurant-boston-clam-chowder
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Hobee's Restaurant Boston Clam Chowder. This recipe was a first place winner in the annual Santa Cruz, California Clam Chowder Cook-off.
- 2 bunches celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds onions, chopped
- 6 pounds red potatoes, diced
- 6 cans (32-ounces each) clams with juice
- 3 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 cup fish bouillon
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 3 pounds butter
- 6 cups flour
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 gallon 2% milk (for a richer chowder you can use half and half)
- Combine celery, onions, potatoes, clams, thyme, oregano, basil, bouillon, and pepper; cook 30-45 minutes until vegetables and potatoes are soft.
- Melt butter and add flour and garlic, stir constantly until slightly brown. Combine with vegetable mixture and add milk. Stir well and cook for 10 minutes.