- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/herbed-tomato-sauce-marinara-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Herbed Tomato Sauce -- Marinara Sauce. Try this savory herbed tomato sauce on pasta, grilled vegetables, baked potatoes, meatloaf, or whatever!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian style tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- Sauté onion in olive oil for about 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in tomatoes and continue stirring until tomatoes are broken up. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Makes About 2 cups