- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for cooking Herb Roasted Chicken. Here is the classic American Sunday Dinner recipe. Fragrant herbs flavor roast chicken, what could be better?
- 1 whole chicken
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 fresh lemon, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- coarsely ground fresh pepper
- Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the garlic, herbs, and lemon wedges in the cavity and place in a lightly greased roasting pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and rub it into the skin of the chicken. Sprinkle skin with kosher salt and coarsely ground pepper. Roast in center of oven for about 90 minutes or until chicken is done, basting with the accumulated pan juices every 10 to 15 minutes.
- The chicken is done when the juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pricked with a knife.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before carving.