- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/healthy-breakfast-sandwich
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
This is a healthy way to enjoy breakfast, fast. This recipe will help you get up and go with plenty of energy to go to the gym or work. It's such an easy way to enjoy breakfast even when you are on the go.
- Nonstick cooking spray (preferably canola oil)
- 8 egg whites or eggbeaters, you will need 1 cup
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 4 WHOLE-WHEAT english muffins, sliced in half
- 4 1/2-inch slices Canadian bacon or turkey bacon (8 slices, you want two per sandwich)
- 1 large tomato (like beefsteak), sliced 1/2-inches thick
- Whisk together egg whites or eggbeaters, chives and parsley until incorporated.
- Spray a large skillet(nonstick) with cooking spray.
- Ladle 1/4 egg mixture into skillet and cook, omelet style, until eggs are cooked through (1-2 minutes per side).
- Slide omelet onto plate and repeat with remaining eggs; cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat Canadian bacon until warm (1-2 minutes per side).
- If using turkey bacon, cook in the same skillet until desired crispness, careful not to burn it.
- Toast english muffins.
- Fold omelet to fit english muffin, placing on one half of english muffin.
- Top with bacon slice, tomato, and other muffin half.