- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/healthy-breakfast-sandwich
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- Nonstick cooking spray (preferably canola oil)
- 8 egg whites or eggbeaters, you will need 1 cup
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 4 WHOLE-WHEAT english muffins, sliced in half
- 4 1/2-inch slices Canadian bacon or turkey bacon (8 slices, you want two per sandwich)
- 1 large tomato (like beefsteak), sliced 1/2-inches thick
- Whisk together egg whites or eggbeaters, chives and parsley until incorporated.
- Spray a large skillet(nonstick) with cooking spray.
- Ladle 1/4 egg mixture into skillet and cook, omelet style, until eggs are cooked through (1-2 minutes per side).
- Slide omelet onto plate and repeat with remaining eggs; cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat Canadian bacon until warm (1-2 minutes per side).
- If using turkey bacon, cook in the same skillet until desired crispness, careful not to burn it.
- Toast english muffins.
- Fold omelet to fit english muffin, placing on one half of english muffin.
- Top with bacon slice, tomato, and other muffin half.