- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/halloween-hamburgers-for-kids
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Halloween Hamburgers. This is a wonderful example of how to make an ordinary food festive, with just a little imagination. Kids just love these, and big kids like them too!
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- (you could also use veggie burgers)
- 6 slices cheese
- red or green bell peppers
- pitted olives
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Serves 6 Kids (4 adults)
- Cut cheese, olives and bell peppers into desired shapes. A metal cookie cutter works well for the cheese. If you find it sticks, coat the cutter with vegetable oil first.
- Lightly shape ground beef into six 1/2\"-thick patties (or 4 larger patties). Choose a cooking method. To broil, place patties on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4\" from heat. Broil 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are no longer pink, turning once. To panbroil, place patties in preheated nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are no longer pink, turning once.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired, after turning. During last few minutes of cooking, top with cheese, bell peppers and olives to make faces. Serve in lettuce-lined buns.