- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/guiltless-low-fat-turkey-gravy
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups turkey stock and defattted pan juices (whatever you lack in pan juices, make up for in stock)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Ingredients:
- coarsely chopped cooked turkey giblets
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 1/2 pound sauté thinly sliced mushrooms
- Makes About 4 Cups
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring stock and pan juices to a boil. Meanwhile, blend the cornstarch and water until smooth. Whisking constantly, slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the boiling pan juices, continue to stir until gravy has thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- NOTE: For some variations stir in one or more of the following to your cooked gravy: coarsely chopped cooked turkey giblets, 1/3 cup sherry, 1/2 pound sautéed thinly sliced mushrooms.