- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/grilled-tofu-with-miso-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Grilled Tofu with Miso Sauce. between the tofu and the miso, this dish is a osy lover's dream.
- 12 ounces fresh tofu (not silken)
- 2 Japanese eggplants
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded
- 8 large mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup miso (red, barley or Hatcho)
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds or tahini paste
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- dash of Tabasco Sauce or hot chili oil
- 1 toasted nori sheet, ground
- Drain and chill tofu to firm it (see note above).
- Cut tofu into 2 inch cubes and let soak for a couple of minutes in a bowl of hot water. Pierce each cube with a flat bamboo skewer and place on paper towels to drain. Cut eggplants, skin on, into 3/4 inch thick slices. Cut seeded green peppers into 2 inch triangles.
- Alternate the tofu squares with the eggplant, mushrooms, and peppers on 4 long bamboo skewers (soak the skewers in water in advance), and place in a shallow pan.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, except nori and purée. Pour into a saucepan and bring to a simmer, then pour over tofu-vegetables in the pan and marinate for an hour, turning the skewers from time to time.
- On a charcoal grill or under a broiler, grill tofu skewers about 3 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with ground nori.