- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Grilled Fruit Kebabs. Here is a unique, low fat addition to your next camping trip. Lightly grilling fruit brings out wonderful flavors, especially in the peaches and bananas.
- 1 pineapple (best)
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 3 plums
- 2-3 peaches
- 1 /2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (best)
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 cup toasted coconut (optional)
- wooden shish kebab skewers
- Peel and core the pineapple and cut into 2\" chunks. Peel the bananas and cut into 5 or 6 large pieces, sprinkle lightly with a small amount of lemon or lime juice, reserving remaining juice for the dressing. Cut the plums and the peaches in halves, discarding pits, then cut into 2\" chunks. Wash and hull strawberries. Thread prepared fruit, onto wooden skewers, just as you would a shish kebab, alternating various pieces of fruit on each kebab.
- Place the fruit pieces on the grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In the meantime, prepare dressing by combining the honey, lime or lemon juice, and the chopped mint in a small bowl. Brush the fruit with the honey mixture during the last 4-5 minutes of cooking. Place the kebabs on a serving platter, Brush or drizzle with any remaining honey mixture, and top with toasted coconut, if desired.