- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/gourmet-roasted-pumpkin-seeds
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. Don't throw out the seeds when making Jack-O-Lanterns or cooking fresh pumpkins, they make great snacks that are rich in fiber as well as vitamins B and E. Kids especially love them.
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons melted butter or oil (olive oil or vegetable oil work well)
- salt to taste
- Optional Seasoning To Taste:
- garlic powder or garlic salt
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- salt free seasoning blend, such as Mrs. Dash brand
- cayenne pepper
- seasoning salt
- Cajun seasoning blend
- chili powder
- Mexican style chili lime seasoning
- Italian seasoning or other herbs
- grated hard cheese such as Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 300º F. While it's O.K. to leave some strings and pulp on your seeds (it adds flavor), clean off any major chunks.
- Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the melted butter or oil and seasonings of your choice. Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet. (or spray with cooking spray).
- Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Some Flavor Combination for Gourmet Roasted Pumpkin Seed Snacks
- Italian Style Pumpkin Seeds -- Italian Seasoning Blend, Parmesan Cheese, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
- Pumpkin Pie Pumpkin Seeds -- Cinnamon, Ground Ginger and Pinch of Nutmeg, Butter
- Greek Syle -- Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend, Oregano, Salt, Olive Oil
- Buffalo Wings Pumpkin Seeds -- Butter, Tabasco Sauce, Salt
- More recipes with roasted pumpkin seeds