- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/golden-tomato-ginger-and-chipotle-salsa
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Golden Tomato, Ginger and Chipotle Salsa. This sauce will really make your dish sing, setting it off with a spark of creative flavor, texture and color.
- 3 yellow tomatoes (about 1 pound), roughly chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon Coyote Cantina Howlin' Hot Sauce® or other Scotch Bonnet® hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Makes About 2 Cups
- In a food processor or blender, puree 2 of the tomatoes, the chipotle chile, and ginger. Add the remaining tomato and all of the other ingredients and pulse just enough to create a roughly blended mixture. Be sure to leave the salsa somewhat chunky.
- Variation: Substitute 1 additional teaspoon of Howlin' Hot Sauce® or other yellow Scotch Bonnet® chile sauce or 1 teaspoon habanero sauce for the chipotle chile.
- Serving Suggestion: With grilled tuna, swordfish, pork or duck.