- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/goi-bo-spicy-beef-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Goi Bo, Vietnamese Spicy Beef Salad from Chef Viet Tran of New York City and Philadephia's Le Colonial restaurants.
- 8 ounces sirloin steak, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (either white wine or balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (available in Asian grocery stores)
- 1 sprig Asian basil, roughly chopped (available in Asian grocery stores)
- 1 stalk lemongrass (use the tender purple part)
- 1/8 cup thinly sliced red or white onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- roasted peanuts for garnish
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, chili sauce and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan or wok, sear steak on both sides until rare or medium rare. Remove from heat. Slice steak thinly and toss with basil, lemongrass and onion. In a separate bowl, toss together cucumber, lettuce and bean sprouts. Place greens evenly divided on two plates. Top with sirloin mixture. Pour sauce on top and sprinkle with roasted peanuts.