- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/gnocci-di-patate-potato-dumplings
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1lb (500 g) potatoes
- 4 ounces (125 g), plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces (200 g) Castelmagno cheese (or other semi-hard cheese) for topping
- While the potatoes are still warm, mash them. Make a hole in the middle of the mashed potato mound, add flour and salt. Knead the mixture until it become a smooth and soft dough. Cut off small pieces from this mixture and roll them on a floured surface, using your hands. The result should consist of small cylinders, about as thick as fingers. Use a knife to cut the cylinders into pieces about 1 inch long. Cook in boiling water for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Drain the gnocchi and serve hot with cubed Castelmagno cheese (if you do not manage to get hold of Castelmagno, any other semi-hard cheese will do).