- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/gluten-free-molten-chocolate-cakes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Gluten Free Molten Chocolate Cake. This dessert is so simple that once you get the hang of it, it may become your signature dessert!
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup margarine or ghee, or coconut butter
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 organic egg yolks
- 1/4 cup unrefined golden caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Take 5 ramekins 2 X 1/4 inches in size, butter them and dust with flour.
- Put the chocolate and margarine or ghee (butter with milk solids removed) or coconut butter in a bowl and place in a bain Marie (hot water bath) or microwave until almost all the chocolate has melted. The heat of the bowl and the melted chocolate will melt the rest while you're preparing the rest of the recipe. You also don't want it to be too hot, since you'll then have to wait for it to cool slightly before adding the eggs.
- Whisk the eggs, yolks, and sugar until pale and creamy and doubled in size. Pour the warm chocolate over the egg mixture, add the flour and vanilla extract, and blend just until combined. Do not over mix. Quickly pour into the prepared ramekins and bake in the preheated oven for around 7 to 8 minutes. The sides will be set but the middle will remain soft and shiny. Serve immediately.