- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/gluten-free-banana-bread
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed*
- 2 large eggs or 1/3 cup flax mix (1 teaspoon flax meal simmered 5 minutes in 1/3 cup water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour mix (follow this link for recipe)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350Â°. Grease 9 x 5-inch nonstick pan. For smaller loaves, use two small loaf pans 5 x 3-inches each.
- Cream oil, sugar, eggs (or flax), and vanilla together. Add flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon to egg mixture, alternating with bananas. Stir in nuts (or seeds) and raisins. Batter will be somewhat soft. Transfer to pan(s). Bake 9 x 5-inch loaf for 1 hour; 5 x 3-inch pans for 45 minutes.